Tuesday, September 12, 2006

things my children have fought about within the last 24 hours

- whether Lola is "the Queen of the Universe", which ended in both Lola and her little friend, Louise, crying and crying because "Iris said Lola can't be the Queen of the Universe." I tried to explain that no one is the Queen of the Universe, but it did no good;

-who could sit next to Mommy on the couch;

- whether they should have the car windows open or not;

- whose turn it was to perform an act for our friend Joyce, and where the location of the imaginary stage curtains should be (this was such a bitter argument that I called their father, temporarily in a different time zone, and demanded that he tell them over the phone not to be so hateful); and

- that both children had lice checks at their respective schools. "No fair!" sulked Iris.

"I thought you didn't like lice check."

"I don't, but it's not fair she gets it on the same day."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to break the news to you AND your kids, but I think there IS a Queen of the Universe and I think I worked with him a few years back.

Anonymous said...

Sounds so similar to the arguments around my house. My boys are 12 and 15 now, the arguments don't stop, the subjects ans intensity just change.

I'm enjoying your blog and your writing very much. Thanks for sharing!

Will said...

Could've been worse...you could have been fighting over who gets the lice treatment first.

If only every day was lice check day...

Trouble said...

Silliyak should win for best comment of the day. LOL. Is his name Arlen? Because I think I work with him now.

Anonymous said...

Eve is holding the dog.

Adam yells, "Mooooommmmm tell Eve to put the dog down!"

The dog is on the floor.

I try to pee when I hear Eve shriek, "Mooooommmmm tell Adam to put the dog down!

The dog is 5 pounds. Tomorrow he gets an x-ray as he's limping pretty badly today.

I want to leave you a comment filled with hope, I'm very sorry to fail you.

Unknown said...

That's ok. I found myself in a conversation with my 6 and 9 year old boys when I told them to stop arguing. I got sucked right into the loop when they started arguing with me about whether they were arguing. Is it too early for a glass of wine? It must be after noon somewhere in the world.

Midlife Mama said...

No one is Queen of the Universe?! Don't tell that to my 8 & 9 year old daughters because that is precisely MY title when my "princesses" start to bicker and when the "Queen" makes a commandment all battles must cease!

Love your blog.

Unknown said...

i put this comment cause i feel content your provide very useful. thanks you very much. obat infeksi saluran kemih